May 16, 2011

SHOEpper's Guide 4: Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Laguna


I've always believed in hitting two birds with one stone. 

You got it: I had it all planned. Thanks to my careful planning and extensive research. 

The roadtrip to Tagaytay was done for two reasons: a.) to celebrate mother's day and b.) to be able to check out the outlet stores in Paseo de Sta. Rosa. 

Earlier on, what I knew about Sta. Rosa Laguna was limited to the following facts: that it was where my grandmother lives and that it was home to several manufacturing plants e.g. Coke, Ford, Unilab etc.

But while researching on driving directions to Tagaytay (sue me), I stumbled upon an interesting keyword: outlet stores. Outlet stores in Paseo de Sta. Rosa to be exact.

My, my....doing the math means: Outlet Store = Sales + Purchase

Quickly I jotted down the directions and marked the key areas using the google map in my Ipad (I swear I will love Apple forever!). I found out that Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Greenfield City's main leisure capital,  was strategically located along the highway going to Tagaytay and was considered to be the next "it" destination of the south. So go na! Haha!


Finally, my much awaited day came and I excitedly told my Mom and Tita Virgie my plans. Instantaneously, their eyes lit up, much to my satisfaction.

It runs in the family. Haha!

So after spending a whole day in Tagaytay, eating bulalo while being tourist-like, off we went to Paseo de Sta. Rosa.



It was heaven indeed for SHOEpaholics like me. 



Who could have imagined having a haven of branded goods sold for so much less can be found in this rural area?


I quickly scanned the stores in sight. 


Ahh...Adidas. My favorite. I can smell the discounts from where I was standing. Haha!

The 30% -50% discounts were too much for me to take. 


Of course Nike was nearby with its huge shout out. SALE kung SALE!

True enough with discounts up to 40% off.


Bet you weren't expecting to find Benetton here. But lo and behold. 

Not bad at 20% - 30% off on selected items.


It was a pleasure indeed seeing Havaianas at 30% off. 


May not be shoes but having Sanuk onboard is a most welcome treat!


Since summer isn't over yet...never too late for Speedo.


And if the sales in the outlet stores weren't reason enough...perhaps getting a 50% off on my Starbucks frappe was icing on the cake (Paseo de Sta. Rosa is also home to several fastfood chains and restaurants like Jollibee, Red Ribbon, Kanin Club etc.)



We spent the rest of the day shopping to our hearts' content while enjoying each other's company.

Probably one of the best (and most productive, if I may add) Mother's Day celebration I ever had with my mother and favorite Tita.

So next time you're heading to Tagaytay (or even if you're not. Haha!) , don't forget to drop by at Paseo de Sta. Rosa.

It's worth the long drive. Trust me. Our shopping bags can tell. Haha!























3 comments:

Carol said...

Myke, you didn't go to the buildings at the back? Phase 4 of Paseo. All SSI outlets - Timberland, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, Mizuno, Beauty Bar, Payless, Nine West, etc! Some more are still under construction. -Carol

Myke Celis said...

@carol: queen mother! Yup, i didn't get to go there because i was overwhelmed already by the presence of my favorite stores sa harap. Blessing na din kasi nakatipid ako. Hahaha!

Unknown said...

may i ask how to get there by commuting?? thanks..

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->