April 20, 2011

SHOE Adventures Cycle 2: Adidas Court Adapt @ Coffee Talk

Wishes do come true.

Mine just did.:)

Whether it was because of the alignment of the universe, the will of God or the coin I dropped inside the wishing well at Disneyland, I couldn't care less.

I am just darn thankful. Hehe.

You might be wondering what I wished for.

Well, for quite sometime I have been restless.

Maybe because of the stress from work, my teaching post and other personal matters in between.

All the while, I wanted just one thing: a break from it all.

So consistently I called on fate to favor me.

And guess what? Fate was kind enough to grant me my wish.

Earlier this year i told myself that I would make a bucket list of the things I want to do and the places I want to visit since I'm turning 30 this coming August.

Part of that list was to go and experience the wonderful culture and sights of Bohol. You know like, have my pic taken at the Chocolate Hills, indulge in the feast at the Loboc River and mingle with the tarsiers.


Lo and behold, last week, I managed to squeeze in my hectic schedule this quick weekend getaway.

Thank God for time management...and the internet. Hehe.

So off to Bohol I went.

But of course, you know me too well.

I've been trained to never come unprepared for a battle.

So I brought out my newest wish granted.

For those of you who have been following my blog, you might have seen this particular pair included in my wishlist (check out my previous entry): Working for my wishlist: Adidas Inspired.

So while I was busily engaging in my retail therapy at Mongkok, HK recently, I saw my favored pair right before my eyes.


At first I couldn't believe it since I only saw the pair online. 


I was starstruck.

By the Adidas Court Adapt.



It was simply as beautiful as I perceived it to be.

I grabbed a pair to check out its texture and feel.


I wasn't wrong. It was very much like Crocs, only edgier and perhaps a bit more comfortable. 


The shiny cloth-like support at the hind part saves one from the nasty callouses other pairs may bring during long strolls.


And the lime color....was simply lovely.



It was love at first sight for me indeed.


And at HKD $ 299 (roughly around P 1,800), it was one temptation I couldn't resist.

So I did get myself a pair which I managed to put into good use since I intended to go to the beach and take Bus # 11(see previous post) most of the time.

Anyway, going back to my story.

Being a first-timer in Bohol,  I was quite excited. I could barely contain myself.

But then again, I needed a dose of caffeine. 

For those of you who know me personally, you can probably attest to the fact how much I loved coffee.

Coffee shares an equal billing with shoes in my vocabulary.

So the moment I stepped out of our resort (Paragayo), I saw a signage which made my heart skip a beat.


Now let's talk business. Hehe.

I immediately rushed inside to get myself a drink.


I was welcomed by the owner, Tita Doris, who immediately engaged me in an animated conversation.



After finding out that I was a tourist on vacation who keeps a shoe blog, she immediately offered to serve breakfast for me and my friends so I can blog about her coffee shop.

Who am I to resist such tempting offer? 


I saw a menu tarp outside but I already forgot what was being served and Tita Doris was quick to suggest her best sellers.

"You just try out everything and let me know what you think", she said with a smile.

Bongga. Galante siya.:) 

During our conversation, I learned that she got the name after being inspired by the practice of exchanging stories over coffee. To date, she has two branches: one in Robinsons Cebu and the other one at Panglao Beach, where I was at that time.

While we were talking, I checked out the place. It was much like a small quiet nook where you would love to spend your afternoons reading your favorite book or updating your ipod. 



Just perfect for someone like me whose tired corporate soul needs some fresh air.

"I just opened last month so I would appreciate if you can give me some honest feedback," she said apologetically.

Aww, humble much. Pero sige. Magaling ako manlait. Haha.

Finally our breakfast came.





Five different viands for 5 people. 

I chose the beef tapa combo to go with my capuccino.


Mind you, at P145 each, the serving was really big. 


Hungry as I was, I wasted no time in trying out my breakfast plate (and my friends' too, para ma-try lahat di ba? hehe) 


Winner. I can finish this. Hehe.

I took a sip of my capuccino and was brought instantly to coffee heaven.

I love it. What brand are you using (pa-bibo)?


"I distribute Danesi. It's a good brand." , Tita Doris said.

Tita Doris, ikaw na ang big time, I silently told myself and smiled. 

Promise my breakfast set was very good. My friends enjoyed theirs as well.

"So how did you find everything?" Tita Doris asked after finishing our meals.

I smiled upon seeing her nervous look.

"It was all good Tita. No worries." 

No stir.

Happy with what I said, she immediately invited me to have coffee with her when I visit Cebu.

I was quite overwhelmed by her excitement that I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

And my smile grew wider when she offered to give us a 50% discount on our bill.

Bongga. Tipid talaga. :) Thank You Tita Doris.:)

Much like my shoes. The Adidas Court Adapt. Value for money indeed.

And the experience of having both: my dream pair and my dream vacation...was simply priceless.



For inquiries about Coffee Talk, please email Tita Doris at doris0317@yahoo.com. :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->