June 22, 2011

Luxurious Must-Haves: U-Boat watches and the Adidas Porsche Design S

I remember the wise words of our tour guide, Joanna, in HK during one of our trips there.

"Buy something for yourself. Make yourself happy. You worked hard. You deserve it."

She was pertaining of course to shopping at the outlet stores she brought us to.

But then again, I loved what she said and thus, I have made it my mantra since then.

Work hard, buy more. Haha!

A lot of people are saying that I already own a lot of pairs of shoes.

But I believe that I can never have enough.

As I've said in my previous post, I will work hard for a pair shoes...

and more recently, even harder for a U-boat watch. :)



I got invited recently to view the latest collection of U-boat watches at its flagship store in Resorts World Manila.



When I was told about the store's location, I said to myself that this brand must be really high end.

And I wasn't wrong.

Prior to my scheduled visit, I did my own research by visiting U-boat's website: www.uboatwatch.it

Of course I needed to familiarize myself with the brand and arm myself with bits and pieces of information for more bibo mode. Haha!



I found out that it was created by Italo Fontana, an Italian who was inspired by the experiences of his grandfather, Ilvo Fontana, who used to design watches for the pilots of the Italian Navy.



At present, each and every U-boat watch carries its rich Italian history with its updated look, making it a timeless luxury for the privileged few.

So I'm one heck of a lucky guy, I told myself. Haha!

After doing my research, I quickly planned my outfit.

Another box. Another surprise. 





I opted for a Friday look with a twist: a checkered pink polo top,  gray pants and a pair of Adidas Porsche Design S.

Yup, I didn't have a hard time thinking about what to wear.



Maybe because I already knew what the brand was all about. All I needed was to come up with an ensemble that's just as classy.



The Adidas Porsche Design S was the best pick.



It boasts of a sleek design inspired by the luxury car bearing the same name.



Made of highly-durable leatherette that promises comfort at its finest.



A highly versatile pair that can go well with jeans as much as provide unparalleled elegance when paired with slacks.



And at P 4,695...it's one luxury that's really within reach.

The big day finally came and I headed off to Resorts World Manila for the store visit.

I was greeted by an elegant reception area and friendly staff members.



In fairness, VIP much. Haha!

I loved the modern minimalist interiors of the store. Sosyal.:)


And the watches....were to die for!


At present, U-boat carries the Classico Model and the Flight Deck Model in its flagship store.


The Classico model is the entry level. Elegantly basic. I love the fact that U-Boat watches have generally big faces. Helps me keep track of time easier, not to mention, makes the watch stand-out more. 


It looks good right? If I had the extra money to spare, I would have bought this on the spot. But I didn't have P 110,000 in my pocket so I gave it a pass. Haha! 


I loved this black flight deck model as well. Very sporty looking, perfect for those always on the go. Could use one. Must save. Haha!


U-Boat Watches have this unique lock that's both sophisticated and functional. I was quite amazed the first time I saw how it works. Haha! The dumb blonde strikes again. :)


U-boat also has the regular straps..some of which were made from rare elephant skin! Fierce! 


Oh, take a look at this limited edition.


What a beauty indeed! I was totally blown away when I saw it.

And when I heard how much it costs, I nearly fainted. Haha! 

Clue: Enough to pay the 30% downpayment of a brand new sedan. 

Whew.

But for watch lovers. I know it's totally worth it.



If I could only afford to buy all these. Haha! 



Given that each watch has a two-year international warranty, I guess investing in one wouldn't hurt.

But if I do decide to get one, perhaps the Classico model would do. I really loved its citrus color. 

But I'll worry about that later. 

Once U-Boat gives me a VERY, VERY GOOD discount.:)



Watch out for U-Boat's Latest Collection this coming July 2011!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article is really good, I like it so much, there are some nice things you share in your blog. rolex replica watches

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->