May 2, 2011

SHOEpper's Guide 3: Cybergate Mall, Tung Chung, Hong Kong

Recently, I've been getting a lot of queries about my favorite shopping areas in Hong Kong. It seems that most people nowadays no longer equate summer with the local sands and seas.



Instead, most people have seen things my way: why pay much to get sunburned?

Better to indulge in retail therapy instead. :)

After all, the goods last longer than a fake tan. Hehe.

Anyway, going back to my story.

I recently went back to Hong Kong for my retail therapy. After a couple of months working my ass off, I think I deserved it.

Actually I needed it to keep me sane. And prevent me from getting burned out.

Like a hound that can sniff its way home, I found myself navigating effortlessly towards my shopping haven of choice a few hours after settling in my hotel at Dorsett Seaview at Yau Ma Tei (which proved to be in a very strategic location, as it is just a stone throw away from the Temple Street Night Market, the Jade Market and a station away from the Ladies Market at Mong Kok).



Armed with my Octopus Card (a one-card-for-all transportation needs), my little yellow bag (to carry my personal stuff) and my chosen pair of walkers (Zara Espadrilles this time), I braved through the busy streets of Hong Kong and found my way to Tung Chung (after 3 train exchanges), where the Cybergate Mall was located.

For those of you who are not yet familiar with the Cybergate Mall, it is actually an establishment located near the airport, which houses a bunch of outlet stores of different brands. Easily accessible via the Tung Chung MTR Line, the Cybergate Mall has become a favorite destination of both tourists and locals alike in search of original branded goods for less. Yours truly, included.

For SHOEpaholics like me, the Cybergate Mall is heaven on earth. Located within it are outlet stores of some of my favorite shoe brands like:


Adidas


Nike


Puma


New Balance 

Among others.

At a glance though you might be wondering what would set these stores apart from the rest. Well for one, they offer a bigger variety of styles per category, exclusive to the region (some of the pairs I got were exclusively launched in HK, thus none available here in the Philippines. The  chance of seeing someone with an identical pair is when that person  a.:) knows my favorite SHOEpping destination by heart b.) is an avid reader of my blog or c.) robbed me of my precious possessions. Haha! 


The displays were quite attractive and sizes were readily available. 

\

Also these stores offer very good deals, relatively cheaper than the local market place. Some even offer rebates, regardless if you pay in cash or card. Tip: Pay using your credit card as the conversion rate is lower. 


Winner Much. 

And the best part: This year-long sale of goods gets even better during June to August, when Hong Kong officially declares its sale months. Up to 80% off! 

Apart from my favorite shoe brands, other retail stores  can also be found in the Cybergate Mall like Giordano, Esprit, CK, Samsonite, Swatch, Levis, Body Shop, Polo and a bunch of other famous brands.

I can't wait to see you again soon Cybergate Mall. :) Just in time for my 30th birthday. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->