December 27, 2010

Going Green: Reebok Insta Pump

Nowadays, I've noticed that suddenly everyone (and almost everything) has become earth-friendly.

From the eco bags to the eco warriors...all for the love of Mother Nature.

I don't see anything wrong with this...in fact I support the cause.

But I wanted to take it a step further by going beyond the usual advocacy and carrying it over to my personal style.

And I don't mean wearing wooden shoes and the like. Please.

Enter my green machine: the Reebok Insta Pump.

Yup, Reebok.


I know this might seem strange because I was never a fan of the said brand until I saw this pair at an outlet store in Tung Chung in Hong Kong. And at 699 HKD (roughly P4,194), it was quite a good buy, considering that this model was not (when the time I bought it), and still isn't (as I write this) available here in the Philippines.


I was instantaneously smitten by its perfect shade of green: not too dark, not too light. Just right. Quite cool in the eyes. Match it with the right shade of purple, and you have a stunner.


Then examining it closer, I found the quirky nature-inspired design appealing. The combination of flowers and birds, with hints of grass on its skin tells a story of its own. Or so I'd like to think. Haha.

Despite its seemingly large form, it's quite very comfortable to wear. The soles have this cushion base similar to Nike Air's. I actually feel taller whenever I wear this pair, perhaps because of its air-filled base.

This pair is perfect for working out as it gives you additional leverage when doing exercises, not to mention, it looks good with a pair of jogging pants or 3/4 shorts.

Here's a picture of me taken after working out.

Indeed, the Reebok Insta Pump lives up to its name: by pumping up my awareness about nature and my personal style at the same time.

Can't help but grin at this green machine. :) Being eco-friendly was never this fashionable. Hehe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->