March 9, 2011

Cocktails Couture: Adidas Resplit Mid

I was never into dressing up formally.

Way back when I was still working in multinational agencies, while everyone else was donned in tailored suits and fancy corporate outfits, I was in my usual colorful tops, blue jeans and sneakers.

I never did try to fit in.

To each his own.

Recently though, I had to adjust.

A few days before, I got an invitation from a beloved client.

It was for the grand launch of 2 Torre Lorenzo, a real estate development from Lapanday Properties located at the heart of Manila, right beside De La Salle Taft.

I had no choice, nor time to back out since a.) we did all the materials for the launch campaign b.) I was personally invited by my client who would kill me if I didn't attend c.) it was only a few days before the event and I was caught on the spot and d.) when all other reasons written here fail, revert to letter b.

With barely 3 days to spare before the event, I wasted no time. Fresh from my recent Boracay escapade where I have proven that SPF 110 could only do so much under the scorching heat of the mid day sun, I am left with nothing to wear for such grand occasion.


Think cocktails Myke. Think couture!, I silently pressured myself into coming up with the perfect solution to my problem.

For someone who only has the picture of fruit salad in his mind when cocktails are mentioned, this is going to be one challenging task.

Thanks to the ever reliable Mr. Google, I managed to scout for the right outfit.

Inspiration check.

Where to get everything. Err....pass.

Rushing to the mall right after that, I went to each and every store I saw in search of my elusive cocktail party wear.

Finally, I chanced upon one in Penshoppe.

Yup. Not your typical store for cocktail wear but believe me, I managed to snag a fashionable coat and carrot cut ribbed bottom jeans that will pass for balloon pants.

The whole universe aligned when I got both just in time: last stocks.

Happy with my purchase, I hurriedly went home to check on my ever-dependable shoe closet.

Nah. No leather shoes for me. Wouldn't work well with carrot cut jeans. Don't want to end up like the Joker. More so, Kuya Germs. Hehe.

Then suddenly it hit me.

Without another word, I rushed up to my room and grab one of the shoe boxes on the side of my bed.

It pays to be a hoarder at times, I said to myself.

I opened it to reveal the pair that would best fit my chosen ensemble.

The Adidas Resplit Mid.

I know that for those of you who know me well, it would strike you that the Adidas Resplit Mid isn't exactly my style.

I mean it's colored black and only has light clay-colored laces for accent.

It has a soft semi-furry like exterior and looks like a pair for skateboard enthusiasts.

But...I like it just the way it is.:)

And I'm glad that I liked it enough for me to buy it.:)

At 70% off, from P4,295 to P 1,288...who could resist?

I immediately had my dress rehearsal and boom!

Everything fit to a T.

I guess am ready for the great cocktail showdown.:)

And my thoughts proved me right when I got compliments left and right for my evening wear.

Here's how I looked during the grand launch last night.

Cheers to yet another successful launch...and to a most fashionable cocktail couture.

A toast to Adidas Resplit Mid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->