April 1, 2011

SHOE Adventures Cycle 1: Sueno De Espadrilles @ Kazam Kebab House

I've been invited a couple of times by different clients to blog about their products.

At first I was quite hesitant since I'm a shoe blogger so one cannot really expect me to do reviews for a new cellphone model or be a guinea pig for a skin care brand. 

But recently though, I had a change of heart. I actually started entertaining the thought of marrying my passion for shoes with other products---if and only if I  a.) like the product b.) use the product c.) am friends with the person asking me to try out his/her product.

Indeed friendship can do so much.

You see, my long-time client and friend Joey, invited me to try out Kazam, his wife Geri's business venture.




Hmmm. A Persian Restaurant. Sosyal. I told myself.

" The food is great and you must definitely try the oxbrain. Simply to die for! "

Because of cholesterol? I silently let the evil thought melt away on its own.

"The kebabs are good as well. Try it. Geri will be there naman."

Ok fine. How can I ever say no to my favorite client since I started my own advertising agency way back in 2006? 

Apart from that, I've always had the liking for Persian food. Keema, shawarma and kebabs have always been in my list of favorites. 

So yes, I did agree to visit his restaurant.

Mentally calculating the days I had before my scheduled visit to the place, I did a research about Persian culture since I want to tailor-fit my outfit to the said occasion.

Prior to the said invitation, being the seemingly dumb blonde, I only associate Persia with either a.) a long-haired cat or b.) a furry rug. 

I found out that Persian culture is highly dominated by colors and woven art. 

Great, we share the love for colors. 

But woven art. Err. I don't think woven shoes are still in fashion.

I remember my grandmother wearing one. But me? 

I would rather eat tons of very spicy keema and ruin my diet than be caught dead wearing such a pair.

I was about to lose hope when I stumbled upon a kiosk at Greenbelt 5 (kung saan bawal daw ang poor people, as stated in the FB pics circulating around. But since my friend Joey and his wife Geri are sosyalin, level dapat. Peace.:) Love you both. :))



Espadrilles....ahhh....love. 

I wasted no time and started checking out the merchandise. 


So cute!!!!! Quirky pairs!!!



My eyes narrowed down to a single pair with a splatter of various bright colors...and woven sides.

Could it be.....yes, you got it! My own  version of Persia ito! Hahaha!



I immediately asked for my size only to find out that all stocks where already out.

But since Lady luck was on my side, I managed to snag a pair that fits perfectly to a T.

And yes, it was the last one. Hehe.

Before I could even ask the sales lady, she blurted what I have been wanting to hear:

" Sir, on sale today. Original price is P2,500, pero now P 995 na lang! "

Music to my ears. So go for the gold!

I got the pair which was placed inside a cocoon-like woven bag. See Persian? Haha. (Seriously though, I read about the brand and it stated that the shoes were actually made in Spain. Pwede na din. Sosyal pa rin. Haha. Level)

Anyway, the much awaited day came and I just decided to wear my new found pair with a plain white shirt and ribbed bottom jeans so that it would pop out with its brilliant colors.




When I finally arrived at Kazam (located strategically at the Mandaluyong Rotonda facing the Cityhall), I was greeted by Geri herself.


The place was very homey. Comfortable. Non-intimidating. Perfect for those in search of a laid back place to unwind afterwork.

In fairness, bagay suot ko, I silently told myself. Tamang arte lang. Haha. :)

I was quite excited to try out the dishes so I immediately ordered the legendary oxbrain and kebab which Joey was raving about.







But of course being the gracious host that she was, Geri offered us bread and Motabal (an eggplant based spread, in lay man's terms).
I like it here na. Hehe.

And when my order finally arrived, I was surprised with the big serving they had. Value for money indeed!


For a moment I just stared at my plate, mentally calculating the calories I have to burn at the gym the following day.

What the heck, by all means, go!



I wasn't wrong. It was all good. Better than most Persian restos I've tried. 

And I'm not saying this because the couple are my friends.

I'm saying this because I mean it. Naks. 

Persian na Persian talaga. Much like my shoes (I need to establish this. Hehe.)

Kidding aside, I found two things in common between my chosen pair of walkers and Kazam:

a.) Value for money
- Big servings, tasty food for Kazam
- At 60% off, my chosen pair was a steal. Aarte pa ba ako?


b.) Comfortable
- Kazam, with its laid-back vibe is the perfect hang-out for those who long for good Persian food in a quaint setting
- The woven in-soles proved to be very comfortable, perfect for the long summer strolls at the mall or the beach


See, I managed to connect everything.:) It was meant to be.:)

For those interested in trying out Kazam's authentic Persian cuisines, check this out: 


Or contact  Kazam at:


Till my next Shoe Adventure! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->