February 16, 2011

On the wings of love: Adidas Jeremy Scott Wings

FINALLY.

After my first failed attempt to buy a pair at the Adidas flagship store at  Greenbelt 3, I finally chanced upon my most coveted pair to date.


It was fate indeed. :)



I was just strolling at Trinoma, doing my usual rounds at my favorite stores when I saw the latest display at the Adidas Lifestyle Store.


My heart skipped a beat when I saw my long lost love: the Jeremy Scott Wings.



If you have been an avid follower of my blog, you would know by now how much I adore this designer.

Ok, I am practically obsessed with him....err, his creations I mean.


And the Wings pair tops my list.

Not wasting any time, I immediately grabbed the pair, rushed towards the sales lady and asked for a size 9.5.



Unmindful of the snicker of the sales person who saw my excitement as I practically gasped for air, I silently prayed that my size is still available.

"Dear Lord, the last time I went to Greenbelt 3, the pair I wanted was already out of stock 12 days after it was launched. Here I am again, at another store, with yet another pair. Please give me my size. I have been a very good boy lately and have been working like crazy so please give me this reward...I promise not to buy another pair for at least....hmmm...let me think about this first Lord. I'll get back to you. For the meantime, please give me this pair. Thy will be done. Thank you Lord. "

Minutes later, my prayer was answered.



The sales lady, now looking like an angel, approached me with a huge grin on her face.

"Sir, swerte niyo. Limited edition yan. 3 pairs per size lang. Nabili na yung isa..."

I barely heard her finish her statement as I was already singing praises to God.

"Lord, thanks a bunch. If only I could use this winged pair to fly towards you and give you a kiss, I would. But for the meantime, I hope this little prayer of thanks will be enough. "

I tried putting the pair on and it fit to a T.

Stylish. Comfortable. Hmmm...heaven.



"Sir, Glow in the dark po yan."

"Ano?"

"Glow in the dark yan. Sa madilim umiilaw. "

Hello, I understand what you mean. Hindi ako tanga. I said to myself, trying my best to keep calm because God just granted my wish. Baka mawala pa. Haha.

"Oh really. Can I see?"

"Sure!" Hmm...confident.

Then she led me to a darker area in the store and lo and behold, the shoe started to glow!

Only then did I notice that the pair's color was somewhat like greenish white. I thought it was just the store's lighting that affected my vision. I guess not. It really did glow in the dark.

Wow Lord, you gave me an even better gift. I wanted one that has wings, you gave me a pair that has wings and glows. Ikaw na!  I silently prayed.


I didn't think twice paying for a P7,295 pair. Super nice buy. :)

I'm sure by now you are curious how it looks in the dark.

Well I took a picture and this is what came out. I just used my iphone so please bear with me about the quality. It looks brighter up close. or given if I had a better cam. :) I was told to put it under direct light before wearing it at night for a brighter glow. Hmm. Rechargeable shoes. Haha!



Can't wait to wear it on a night out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->