January 3, 2011

New Year, New Shoes: Adidas Nizza Hi Colorway

First things first: Happy new year everyone!

The new year presents the perfect opportunity to come up with resolutions...and to wear a new pair of shoes. :)

I remember my Mom telling me as I grow up about the importance of saving for a rainy day.

Following that piece of advice dearly, I got this pair long before saying goodbye to 2010, from an October sale to be exact. At P 1,600 on sale, it was a deal I couldn't resist. Original price was P 3,295.

Once again, I passed the marshmallow test with flying colors, after being able to stop myself from wearing this pair immediately after purchase.  Ok, well, I admit removing it from its box and doing away with the tag as well since I almost...again, almost, wore it during an event last November. Almost.

I'm talking about the Adidas Nizza Hi Colorway.

I decided to save it for the new year since it looked nice and bright, perfect for my new mantra for the year: Be more cheerful, be less worried. Works for a corporate slave like me who beats impossible deadlines for a living. Wearing a pair of shoes that reminds me of colorful fireworks can be so uplifting.

Apart from that, no thanks to my poor eyesight (I'm still contemplating whether to wear glasses or not anytime soon), I've always thought that the designs were circles. Until finally when I looked closer on new year's day, I got the shock of my life when I saw that they were actually hexagons. Geez. So much for being my lucky charm. Haha!

On a lighter note, the Adidas Nizza Hi Colorway is made of soft, shimmery cloth, almost like waterproof, which sets it apart from the usual Converse Chuck Taylors and other wannabes.

Quite comfortable and flashy, this pair is my perfect accessory for the new year. In plain white shirt and jeans, I headed off to the mall to show off my new shoes.

After getting asked by a few random strangers about my pair, and getting a dozen looks from passers by, I was quite convinced that indeed it was the perfect new year fit.

 The Adidas Nizza Hi Colorway. 

What a way to start the year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- nuffnang -->